Cell Phone: Nokia 6102 Flip Phone?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MacAztec, Oct 23, 2005.

1. MacAztec macrumors 68040

Oct 28, 2001
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Well, I am SICK of my Motorola V400. I get poor reception everywhere, all the time. Sometimes the phone just cuts out when I have reception. Sometimes the battery is full, and then it just drops rapidly and is dead with in 2 hours.

It's time to get a new phone. I am on Cingular.

I was looking at the Nokia 6102 flip phone. I read that it gets AWESOME reception, is very nice to use, nice screen, etc. Anyone have this phone?

Any reviews or comments, suggestions?
  2. doucy2 macrumors 65816

Jul 7, 2005
    get the new w800 ericsson its way cool
    i wish i could get it but i have sprint and there are no good phones for sprint
    i wish they had a phone for sprint (CDMA) like the w800 or ROKR
  3. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

Apr 16, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    I looked at this phone, but I went with the Moto Razr instead. :D it is Nokias first flip phone, so I think they did very well. The one thing is that the camera does look a little odd. (a little big.) I would've gotten this phone if T-mobile didin't start carrying the Razr.
  4. doucy2 macrumors 65816

Jul 7, 2005
    yea the RAZR is a way cool phone also
    Sprint sucks at getting contracts for good phones lol
    ok i'm done complaining now
  5. jsw Moderator emeritus

Mar 16, 2004
    Andover, MA
    I used a 6102 prototype for a bit, thought it was a pretty good phone for a clamshell. Nice "feel".
  6. StealthRider macrumors 65816

Jan 23, 2002
    Yokosuka, Japan
    Great feel, great OS, great keypad, decent camera, and good design. Also, the reception on mine is great, and I get anywhere from 3-5 days out of the battery with normal usage. It's a damn good phone.
  7. homerjward macrumors 68030

May 11, 2004
    fig tree
    the difference is sprint's network. all the cool phones are gsm but sprint uses...either cdma or tdma or something like that.
  8. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

Oct 28, 2001
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    I have heard the RAZR is cool, but for me, it doesn't have anything that WOWS me.

It is too fragile for me. I don't want a phone (at my age) that I am scared to drop, or sit on accidentally. The Nokia feels really durable.

I have a question, don't know if anyone can answer it, but here it is.

So on our Cingular account, we have my Mom's number, and 3 "family phones" for a total of 4.

I wanted a new phone, so I went on the account online, and under my moms number it said I could upgrade her phone. So I clicked "upgrade phone", and it took me to a page with prices, and the Nokia 6102 was a $40 upgrade. I went through with it, and I have a slight feeling that Cingular is going to try to lock me in for 2 more years because I got this phone.

I think they are going to say "It was $40 with a 2 year agreement (which we are already on). But the thing is, I clicked on "upgrade phone", and my Moms was the only one "eligible" for an upgrade.

I guess time will tell.
  9. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

May 30, 2004
    Madison, WI
    Yeah, Alltel sucks at that too...:(
  10. watcher2001 macrumors 6502a

Mar 9, 2005
    38° 12'47.72" N 85° 31'54.63" W
    Actually it is at least their second flip phone. The first was a long time ago.. model 282.

It was only available in analog and was out about the time digital was starting to be the norm so it did not fare very well.

To all the people with Razr's.. Are you happy? They look kinda cool, too wide in my opinion, but I have heard some pretty negative things about the battery life. I am also at the point where I am going to have to lose my beloved V400 and am thinking bout the razr..