Cell phone ring on laptop?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by craigatkinson, Mar 24, 2007.

1. craigatkinson macrumors regular

craigatkinson

I have a Motorola e815 cell phone through verizon. I study in the library a lot with headphones on. I'd like to be able to have my cell phone communicate through the bluetooth on my computer and ring through my laptop if I get a call. Is this a possibility?

2. MiniMan. macrumors regular

If it is a possibilty it would be really cool. id be very interested!:apple:

3. craigatkinson thread starter macrumors regular

craigatkinson

I'd venture to say it's possible, but what I don't know is if anyone has created a way of doing it. I hope someone chimes in and tells us that they have.

4. Richard Flynn macrumors regular

The Motorola E815 is listed as one of the compatible phones for the application BluePhone Elite, for which there is a ten-day demo available, and which costs $20 USD to buy. It does what you want, and many other things besides. I can't vouch for how well it works, though—I tried it out quite a while ago but never bothered ponying up for the proper version.

5. soLoredd macrumors 6502a

BPE1 is pretty good and is exactly what you are looking for. Very cool application.

BPE2 is what I'm waiting for but who knows when it is going to be finalized. It's been in beta for about a year or so. BPE2 will let you make calls through the Mac using the speakers and mic. Sounds good but we'll see.