Cell phone Shuffle

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by IDANNY, Oct 28, 2006.

1. IDANNY macrumors 6502a

Dec 26, 2003
    Las vegas
    Hey I just broke my cell : ( , So now I want to get a cell phone that will sync with the mac and can replace my shuffle. Anyone have any advice I have always had sony ericssons, Love the mac compatibility. I have looked at the w550/600, I am on a gsm network cingular so it has to be unlocked. Anyone have any advice my price range is basically 200- 300. I would rather it be close to 2, Any advice would be much appreciated.
  2. ddekker macrumors regular

Sep 23, 2006

I'm about in the same boat as far as time to upgrade phones, right now I have a Motorola SLVR (Cingular) I am not pleased with it at all, it syncs fine and the bluetooth works fine.. I can text fine... just can't use it as a phone.. my last was a V557 and it was horrible as a phone too, all the features worked great except what a phone is for, my advice is steer away from motorola, my next will be a samsung or something... we have a couple Nokia's at work, they seem better as a phone but still not great... (ohh how I miss my Verizon...lol)

3. yg17 macrumors G5

Aug 1, 2004
    St. Louis, MO
    Sony Ericsson w810i. I have one and love it. It "works" on Cingular. I say that because technically, the phone is compatible with Cingular, but Cingular sucks so bad that no phones really work on Cingular.

Avoid Motorola like the plague, people seem to have nothing but problems with their phones