Cellphone Horror Stories

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by paleck, Jun 20, 2006.

1. paleck macrumors 6502a

paleck

So last night I sat down and vented about my bad luck with cell phone companies because of an incident that happened last year. So I am just a little curious did I just have amazingly bad luck or does everyone end up with a horror story or two with their cell phones/companies?

My story is here and is rather long. The short story is that my phone stopped working 4 months after I bought it, was backordered and the one the sent was broken too. Then I had no working cell phone for three weeks, then a loaner phone, then another broken phone. After that they decided to replace my phone with a different model completely that was missing features that I specifically bought the other one for(5 times they did that).

2. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    My best friend who lives two apartment complexes over from me had his Motorola V300 charging one night. He fell asleep on the couch. At about 1 in the morning he heard a loud BANG! noise and saw something sailing through the air on fire.

He thought it was his new HDTV he bought at first.

When he ran to put out the fire, he discovered the battery exploded while charging. The charge limiter didn't cut the power and thus Motorola gave him a free Razr and paid to replace the burnt carpet in his apartment.

Me? Never had that kind of bad luck with them.

3. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

Now I'm going to contribute to the thread in a more positive way... :p

Not exactly a horror story, but I heard it recently, it's funny, and it involves a cell phone. I thought this was funny: my brother broke his cell phone by dropping it in the sink while, wait for it, shaving. I mean, if you're shaving, aren't you risking getting shaving cream on your phone, let alone the risk of dropping it in the sink. I thought it'd be sort of understandable had it been that someone called him in the middle of shaving and he picked it up, but the best part of the story is that he was calling someone else.

I don't know how well the story translates to these forums, but I had a good laugh at his expense. :D

4. paleck thread starter macrumors 6502a

paleck

Huh....Why....How.... I can't fathom why anyone would be on the cell phone while shaving.:eek:

5. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

He claims he was just being time efficient. I claim he was just being an idiot. :rolleyes: :D

6. ejb190 macrumors 65816

ejb190

My fiancé dropped her phone in the toilet. She then went out and switched carriers putting us on different services. But I have been so impressed with her new service that I switched over as well when my old phone broke.

Gosh I loved that old Motorola V60. No frills and really simple to use.

7. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    My horror story.

I have a cellphone and people call me.

Oh the humanity!

Phones, just say no.

8. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

I have a better one. I have a cellphone and people don't call me. :(

:p

9. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

10. paleck thread starter macrumors 6502a

paleck

11. Black&Tan macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

Sadly, I have a cellphone and I get called by computerized telemarketers! They can't even be bothered to make the call by a real person.

:eek:

12. paleck thread starter macrumors 6502a

paleck

And that is why my cell is on the Do Not Call list!!! :D