cellular bluetooth headsets with ichat / skype ?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Rob0711, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Rob0711 macrumors member

maybe it´s a stupid question. but i haven´t been bothering with these bluetooth headsets so far. so are any of those working with ichat and skype ? would be far more comfortable than any usb solution out there...

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

They work; the big limitation is that it has to be set up to either pair with your computer or your phone, AFAIK, so once you set it up, it will no longer work on your phone.

3. Rob0711 thread starter macrumors member

4. Angelus520 macrumors regular

Depends on the headset. I just got the Jabra BT800 and you can pair it with up to eight devices. Each item just gets added to a list in the headset.

5. ChrisBrightwell macrumors 68020

ChrisBrightwell

I have a Motorola HS-820 headset ... I've used it for iChat, but I forget if I had to re-pair it with my phone or not. I'll try to do that tonight and post an udpate here.

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Okay, I have a Jabra too... maybe I misunderstand. If you're sitting in front of your computer, with your cell, and you try to connect by turning it on, which of the two possible connections does it make? How do you decide which pairing you want it to make?