All iPads Cellular iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jarednt1, Nov 13, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Bought a iPad 3 at Launch, anyone wished they now purchased the cellular model now?

2. macrumors 6502a

The cellular version is the way to go, as it maximizes the portability of a tablet.

Granted, if it never leaves your house, then it's pointless.

3. macrumors 65816

I'm going to swap mine out for the cellular model.

4. thread starter macrumors member

Did you get a 3 and now getting a 4?

5. macrumors 6502a

After having both, I soon realized that the wifi models limits itself to the house.

The cellular edition just gave me so much freedom to use it, wherever and whenever. I think for the mini, this is a must.

6. macrumors 65816

I totally misread your post, I have iPad Mini on the brain. Sorry! As for my iPad 3 , I went wifi only when I bought it launch day and there have been several times I regretted it. So yes, I wish I would have gone cellular.

7. macrumors 6502a

If you have an iPhone already, simply tether your iPad to you iPhone. If not, get the cellular model.

8. macrumors 6502

With a Verizon LTE version would i use my existing plan for the tablet or do i need a separate plan for the Tablet?

My thought was getting a wifi version and using my phone as a hotspot when needed..

9. macrumors 6502a

Do you still need to get cellular to have a GPS on the new iPads?

10. macrumors 6502

IMO i don't think so.. I found a few youtube videos that a guy was using a external GPS module on his ipad and was getting turn by turn navigation on a Wifi based tablet..

Check ebay for something called "GoPilot"