Cellular Network option missing in unlocked iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TheNewDude, Nov 8, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

Hi guy,
    I tried searching for this for a while but didn't find anything specific.

Just out of curiosity I was looking for the "APN Setting" being used by my phone.

I have a TELUS mobility iPhone 5 which has been permanentally unlocked.

I however do not see any APN settings option. I see no "Network" option or "Cellular Network Settings" option in the Settings of my phone.

Anyone have the same issue?

2. thread starter macrumors 6502a

No one else have this issue?
    Everyone has that setting on there iphones?

Am I the only one with a moody iPhone?

3. macrumors member

you should see it in setting -> general -> cellular network -> cellular data network (or similar, my phone is in french) -> APN (i think it should be isp.telus.com

4. macrumors regular

My AT&T unlocked iPhone 5 does the same thing. If I put a T-Mobile Sim, it'll show the APN settings, but if I put the AT&T sim back, it hides them. I don't understand why it does that, it could be because AT&T is an official carrier and so it doesn't need the APN settings to be messed with, it automatically sets them. Or, it could be because it was originally a carrier locked iPhone, it'll always hide the APN settings once it detects it's previous official carrier sim. I don't know, this is just a guess but mine hides the APN settings on my AT&T sim despite it being unlocked.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well in my case I'm putting in a non original carrier sim in my phone.

When i pop the SIM card out, those settings dont' show up.

But I am thinking it's probably a carrier thing. Some carriers allow you to play with the APN and others don't.
    I will have to find another SIM and try using the phone to see if the APN settings are viewable.