Certified FileMaker 8 Developer

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sebastijan, Jun 8, 2006.

1. sebastijan macrumors member

Hi All

I am preparing for FileMaker 8 Certification Exem in August. So Anyone who has already apeared the same, can help me. Please let me know what i need to prepare for this.

P.S.
    Is knowledge from FileMaker Pro 8 Advanced enough to make Exem? How can student buy FileMaker Server against price, that FileMaker, Inc offer me?

Thanks in advance.

2. ahunter3 macrumors 6502

See if you're ready...

• What was the nickname of the animated talking Billy-Bass fish that was controlled by Filemaker?

• If you're having Stephen Blackwell over to discuss security within a shared environment, what distilled beverage ought you to have on hand?

• How do you get a continuous report the first half of which is organized and summarized by Variable A and then, within each value of Variable A, by Variable B, and the second half of which is organized and summarized by Variable B and, within each value of Variable B, by Variable A?

• How do you get the relationship diagram to look like something that was done on purpose and not like a snarled-up mass of old fishing line?

• Whose idea was it to include the script name in the tab order of the ScriptMaker?

• What was the standard method of creating a process loop in FileMaker 2, when there was no Loop/End Loop command?

• How would you automate the storing of references to images in container fields in such a way that they would be visible on either platform?

• What was the origin of the following sequence of commands?: Enter Browse Mode; Go to Layout [“LayoutName”]; Page Setup [Restore, No Dialog]; Find [Restore Find Requests]; Sort [Restore Sort Order, No Dialog]; Print[]? When did their ubiquity cease?

• Should you implement AFP sharing (native Mac file sharing) or SMB sharing (Windows sharing) on the server you're using for FileMaker Server?

• How do you get a single image to extend over the height of several subsummary rows in a subsummary report?

• What is it about Helvetica 9 point bold?