Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
I would be the first to say this idea is dumb, but a few dozen of you beat me to it, so instead I'm going to be the first to mention the idea may not be as retarded as it sounds:

It takes your stomach time to send signals to the brain that says "All done! I'm not hungry anymore! Stop eating!"

Consider something like eating an appetizer at a restaurant. IDK about you, but personally, when I run out of it, I'm all "I can eat my whole meal still!". Five minutes later I get the meal and I'm like "Eh... hardly hungry anymore... I'll just try some of it now and take the rest home..."

So if the fork is coaching you to eat slower, say, to take ten minutes to eat instead of five, then maybe you'll feel just as full while eating less.

Having said that, I'd rather just use the iPhone's built in timer or something than pay for a retarded looking $100 fork.

FloatingBones

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2006
I'm going to be the first to mention the idea may not be as retarded as it sounds:

It takes your stomach time to send signals to the brain that says "All done! I'm not hungry anymore! Stop eating!"

Consider something like eating an appetizer at a restaurant. IDK about you, but personally, when I run out of it, I'm all "I can eat my whole meal still!". Five minutes later I get the meal and I'm like "Eh... hardly hungry anymore... I'll just try some of it now and take the rest home..."

So if the fork is coaching you to eat slower, say, to take ten minutes to eat instead of five, then maybe you'll feel just as full while eating less.

No. The idea is as retarded as it sounds. Read a book like "The Art & Science of Low Carb Performance". Our consumption of carbs is completely broken, and no artificial intelligence in a knife, fork, or spoon will fix that. Cut the carbs, and everything will start working far better.

Jaro65

macrumors 68040
Mar 27, 2009
Seattle, WA
The company's next product: A sensor that will run a complex algorithm to tell you if you should far* now or wait a little longer.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
No. The idea is as retarded as it sounds. Read a book like "The Art & Science of Low Carb Performance". Our consumption of carbs is completely broken, and no artificial intelligence in a knife, fork, or spoon will fix that. Cut the carbs, and everything will start working far better.

Both could be true.

Big-TDI-Guy

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2007
No, it would just give you a record of how poor it was. :cool:

If you want to know how bad you just were, ask the other party. Most girls will let you know faster than any Bluetooth connection. ;)

This device is rendered useless via a trip to your local Burger King. Most of the worst food available in the US require no utensil at all!

bikeoid

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2010
Lol, no one mentioned about how unhygienic it would be to use the same fork every time you ate something too, even if you did wash it before every meal.

Even worse, I suspect most people here actually use different forks every time they eat something. Even though it's been washed, it was previously used by someone else.

hagar

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2008
Even worse, I suspect most people here actually use different forks every time they eat something. Even though it's been washed, it was previously used by someone else.

What are you on about? Do you use a brand new fork for each meal? Please dont say yes.

Porco

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2005
SAADfork is a digital fork that wants to track your eating habits but can't quite manage it. Aww, poor SAADfork.

SBlue1

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2008
Wow, time just zooms by. A few days ago we just celebrated the new year and now April first is already here!

Tbone999

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2009
Easy diet idea: Throw out electronic fork. Eat less. Exercise more.

I will make millions of dollars with this idea.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.