cf card usb adapter

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by letsgorangers, Dec 30, 2006.

1. letsgorangers macrumors 6502

anyone know of a usb adapter of sorts that turns a cf card into a jump drive? i could've sworn i saw one (before my camera arrived), but every place i call has no idea what i'm talking about.

and if i just have to break down and get a card reader, anyone know of any good compact ones?

2. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

I have a SanDisk card reader that is USB 2.0

Is this what you are talking about ?

3. letsgorangers thread starter macrumors 6502

that is probably what i'll end up with. but this was a usb port with a place where the card snapped in. all i can figure is that i read the ad wrong and it was for sd cards or something smaller like that.

4. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Yeah I know what you are talking about. However I wouldn't recommend those. I have seen people break those and or their USB ports (granted they were PC users ;) ), however the risk remains.

The nice thing about the corded models is, the USB cable is flexible,and you can have either longer or shorter cables to suit your needs.

5. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

6. letsgorangers thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks todd, but as aperture noted, they are for the wrong type of card. thanks for taking the time to look them up though!

i think i am going to take 840's suggestion and just get a small card reader.

7. compuwar macrumors 601

compuwar

http://microcenter.com/byos/byos_single_product_results.phtml?product_id=190228

8. jsnoah macrumors member

jsnoah

I dont' know... I just have a regular 12 in 1 reader... Seems to go fast. It is a USB 2 and pull pics from my camera real fast. I am sure that it would do thesame for whatever other info you were going to use it with...

9. todd2000 macrumors 68000

WOW! I must have spaced out on that one LOL, Oh well Glad I could be of NO assistance LOL :)