Chalabi nets $100 mil, cons Neo-Cons into War

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by wwworry, Jun 1, 2004.

1. wwworry macrumors regular

You can't beat The New Yorker for in depth reporting about the Iraq fiasco. They broke the Niger Uranium story (just 16 words :rolleyes: ), one the first with the prison abuse story, the follow up on how Rumsfeld pushed for ways around the Geneva convention, documented the administration infighting that led to the tossing of a year of post-war planning (=$18 billion lost in looting), and now this

The Manipulator

It's a pretty unsettling read. How the CIA was fooled. How he fed the hawks just what they wanted. Mis-steps beginning with the Clinton administration onward to the Bush rush to war. Here is a quote. read the rest...

In fact they have all their coverage online and it should be read by anyone who wants a truthful picture of what's going on there and here

2. wwworry thread starter macrumors regular

3. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

This is beginning to look like "Chalabi’s War," isn't it?

So here I am waiting for someone on the Republican side to demand accountability. I have an idea it's going to be a long, long wait. The silence is deafening...

4. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i have a feeling they'll demand it from clinton. hah. since it does say that it all started during clinton's reign.

5. toontra macrumors 6502

That wouldn't be a defense. Clinton didn't go to war, simple as that! Faulty intelligence isn't a serious problem until you decide to act on it, especially if the action is war without the backing of the UN, the vast majority of the rest of the world and many of your own citizens.