Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 5, 2009
The white chassis 5S now has two colors:

Silver
environment_hero.jpg

Champagne
gold_iphone_5s_other_mockup.jpg

The black chassis 5S only has one!:

Slate
iphone_5_apple_logo_macbook_hero.jpg

Will we perhaps see another black chassis iPhone with a different accent color, similar to how the white chassis iPhone now has silver and champagne ... or is the white/silver iPhone going away altogether?

Motherload0211

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2013
The Champagne kinda grows on ya. Like all three myself. Three more weeks and we shall see.

Getting kind of close for the invitations for the event to be announced :confused:

vespid

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2013
Washington D.C.
If any color had to go away I would say it's black. Take a look at the Apple homepage -- the only iPhone color used to promote iOS 7 is white. However, I doubt that they'd get rid of the classic iPhone color entirely.

CausticPuppy

macrumors 68000
May 1, 2012
If any color had to go away I would say it's black. Take a look at the Apple homepage -- the only iPhone color used to promote iOS 7 is white. However, I doubt that they'd get rid of the classic iPhone color entirely.

I wouldn't mind something in between the white/silver and black/slate. I'm thinking white trim with gunmetal gray aluminum... that would be nice.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 5, 2009
The Champagne kinda grows on ya. Like all three myself. Three more weeks and we shall see.

Getting kind of close for the invitations for the event to be announced :confused:

I like it as well. I'm not saying I don't.

More so, saying that we now have two "white" Apple iPhone 5S' colors. Will Apple do away with the White/Silver in favor of White/Champagne, or will they also offer the Black 5S in another flavor other than Slate?

It seems very un-Apple to offer two white accented options, but only one black.

----------

I wouldn't mind something in between the white/silver and black/slate. I'm thinking white trim with gunmetal gray aluminum... that would be nice.

I agree ...

maximus96

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2007
the champagne color would be perfect for all the old people that loves champagne colored cars...

now get off of my lawn.../shakes fist/

sim0n

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2013

Apple would never get rid of black I don't think, they seem to promote the colours in turn I remember iphone 5 mainly bring promoted in black

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
There is no way Black is going away. They need at least one non-girly phone for the stoic execs. My issue is what the Hello Kitty iOS changes will look like on a black phone though.

sim0n

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2013
There is no way Black is going away. They need at least one non-girly phone for the stoic execs. My issue is what the Hello Kitty iOS changes will look like on a black phone though.

Ditto, it might look okay with the right background though

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
That looks really good. In a very industrial kind of way. I wonder if I can get a white iphone and then swap out the trim.

Now, how about the champagne phone with black trim? Those will be very popular at Georgia Tech...

Think it would be easier to get a black and swap the casing, but I don't really know. All I know is that it looks nice :p

CausticPuppy

macrumors 68000
May 1, 2012
So apparently there ARE companies that sell the parts which you can swap out... hence the images you posted. :)

Now I want to build a frankenphone with different colored buttons.

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
I think its smart for them to add 1 or 2 more colors for the 5S because a lot of people don't want others to think they just have last year's model. With the new color (or colors), it's easier to show off that you have the newest model. Sad but true.

gigapocket1

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2009
It's amazing how attitudes change on here. When it was reported that apple may come out with a gold iphone everybody hated the idea with the exception of a few. (I liked it from the first rendering). Now a lot of people is for the new color. #crazy

Joe HS

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2011
United Kingdom
We might get a Wine colored iPhone next.

As a Product(RED) item that could actually work really well. I wish apple would get over the white glass phase though. Black bezels are just more functional/less distracting.

A return to silver from slate would be fantastic (as pictured above).

Last edited:

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
That looks really good. In a very industrial kind of way. I wonder if I can get a white iphone and then swap out the trim.

Now, how about the champagne phone with black trim? Those will be very popular at Georgia Tech...

And Wake Forest.

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
I think its smart for them to add 1 or 2 more colors for the 5S because a lot of people don't want others to think they just have last year's model. With the new color (or colors), it's easier to show off that you have the newest model. Sad but true.

That's the number one reason I buy an iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.