Championship Manager 4 for Mac

Discussion in 'Games' started by pivo6, May 9, 2003.

1. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

Now that it's been out for a while, has anyone played the mac version? I'd like a few opinions before I spend the $50 usd to get it sent to me. I don't think it's available in the U.S.

2. hui__lim macrumors regular

Well I played the demo and thought that it was rather fun, a new feature that they have implemented is the 2d pitch, i.e. you see small dots of your players on the pitch moving about. It's rather fun and tense to watch.
    Download the demo and see what you think :)

3. JupiterTwo macrumors 6502

JupiterTwo

I've got it, though sadly haven't had much chance to play it :rolleyes:

Seems pretty good though, the 2d pitch as hui_lim is quite intriguing. I've not played a cm game in a while, and not on a mac before, so I might not be the best to comment. However, it does tend to chug a bit mid game on my ibook when I try to change tactics - apparently they've upped the db size to make it more realistic.

Other than that, first impressions were good, [even if Bury poached my assistantant manager before the season started, and no I can't hire a new one :p ;) :p]

4. pivo6 thread starter macrumors 68000

pivo6

I'm on dial-up which makes downloading the demo a pain. It's bad enough downloading OSX updates. I'll probably get the demo one night.

5. hui__lim macrumors regular

It's defintely a fun game. However, it seems to take a very long time to load the results. Not too sure if this occurs only the demo, could someone who has the full game reply to this. Cheers!
    BTW I have 1Ghz PB with 1GB RAM