1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Chances of a MacBook update?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by PowerFullMac, Feb 17, 2008.

1. macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

There are now rumors of a MacBook Pro update, but what do you think the chances are of a update to the normal MacBook?

2. macrumors regular

little to none, the macbooks were recently updated in november.

look for a late summer update.

3. macrumors 6502

Not any time soon. I would say May at the earliest.

4. macrumors 604

CalBoy

Naw, they'll see a speed bump before June (when the iPod deal for students starts).

I think early May is a good bet based on previous years. I doubt we'll see anything new (probably a minor speed bump and an HD/RAM boost). Last May was similar as well (the C2D macbooks got a speed bump and the base model got more RAM).

5. macrumors newbie

i hope apple decides to make the new macbooks with aluminum. oh yea:)

6. macrumors regular

im rather passive user of this forum, namely i do read more and post less but there has been 50 threads or so on this within the last week :D

7. macrumors 68000

It isn't likely to happen for a while there isn't anything to update it to yet just be patient.

8. macrumors regular

krewelement394

ok.. im hoping that they do not make a new macbook uintill another few months like 4 or 5!
    im getting a macbook soon so it will just suck if i get the macbook and tehn a few days/weeks/months later they take out a new one!
    but...did they not already bearly take out a new mac...mac book air./...:apple:

9. macrumors member

I hope they use the LED backlights in the next update. Are there online comparisons between the lifetimes of LED and CCFLs?

10. macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

You were all WRONG!

Pwned by Apple lol...

Horay! MacBook update!

11. Moderator emeritus

sushi

I would say, probably today.

Oh darn, hindsight is always the best. :)

12. macrumors 604

CalBoy

You know what they say, hindsight vision is always in 20/20. :)

Nonetheless, I am shocked with today's update. The macbook traditionally would have been updated in 2 or 3 months. There was really no reason to bring to "par" with the macbook pro.

What will the Buyer's Guide look like now! :eek::p