chances of ibook specs......

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by bigben334, Jul 22, 2005.

1. bigben334 macrumors regular

wat are the chances the new ibooks will hav 512mb of ram and 64mb of vram??? cuz if they dont hav that, i think im gonna wait for powerbook updates. thanks

2. Hattig macrumors 65816

90% I reckon

3. Zman5225 macrumors 6502a

I'm in the same boat, if they dont have a minimum of 64mb vram I won't even think about a ibook, I hope they do it.

-Z

4. joecool85 macrumors 65816

joecool85

Ok guys. Seriously. They updated the eMacs to 64mbVRAM, obviously the iBooks will get it. And the mac mini whenever thats updated.

5. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Another way to look at it. Apple isn't going to release and revision to any computer than won't fully support their current OS. So of course 64MB VRAM will be on the iBook. 256MB RAM I am not so sure about. I think it is 50/50 at this point.

6. timmyb macrumors 6502

The graphics card is far more important as you can't upgrade it. I will be buying a 1GB stick of RAM from Crucial so unless the iBooks get 512MB using just one slot (unlikely in my opinion,) having 256MB compared to 512MB really doesn't matter.

7. tsk macrumors 6502a

tsk

I stated this in another thread, but I'm certain that any update from here on out will include 512MB of RAM and 64MB of video RAM.

8. The_Man macrumors 6502

The_Man

if you are going to upgrade to more the 512 RAM (which will be nice) than it doesnt make a difference because you wil have to take out the extra stick of RAM to upgrade it anyway

9. gallivant macrumors member

Yeah, but for the vast majority of the population, 512 is plenty forever. Whereas 256 just drags. Bump the HD to 40, the VRAM to 64, and the system RAM to 512, and your average user will never have to upgrade their iBook.

Okay, so they'll buy an external DVD burner. But that's all.

10. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

No one I know that has a DVD burner even uses it. I doubt most iBook buyers are going to need one. IMO, an external HD is more important to most than a DVD burner. The HD is much easier to back things up to.

11. CoMpX macrumors 65816

CoMpX

That would be the perfect system for me. Just the perfect specs that I need and I wouldn't have to go BTO. I could buy it right from the store at my leisure. If the specs are any less that this, I'm afraid I will be forced to get a BTO model from the online store, and I don't want to have to wait for shipping!!
    :D

12. tikibangout macrumors regular

tikibangout

If thats standard, i'll be so pissed that i have to wait 7-10 days now for BTO iBook I ordered.