Chandler, AZ (Chandler Mall)

Discussion in 'Leopard Event Meetups' started by ryandbrimhall, Oct 19, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

Hey,

didn't see a thread for Chandler so I started one. I've got me and two other guys going down for the festivities.

Danny

2. macrumors regular

I am buying from my University, but I might drop by to join the festivities.

3. macrumors newbie

It's sad, I bought my MBP on 9/30, so I'm out $100 i guess...at least I can try to get a free shirt! :) see you there!

4. macrumors 6502a

I'm a little bummed to see how few macrumors users are looking into the Chandler store. On the other hand, more shirts for us! :D

5. macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Well everybody at Intel will likely be working on getting the new fab up and running.

6. macrumors regular

Twilight Elk

I want to go to eigher the Apple Store in Chandler or the brand new one at SanTan.

If I just go to the store and try out Leopard, I can still get the shirt, right? No buying anything (though I may depending on how much I have :eek:)

7. macrumors newbie

I was going to get my first imac that day but I will wait until they are pre-loaded with leopard :-( Waited my whole life for a mac a few more weeks will not kill me!!! Also there is a new apple store at SANTAN??????? Where is that ???? But I will be there on Friday to play around with Leopard!!!

8. macrumors demi-god

szark

Apple Store -- SanTan Village (Gilbert, AZ)

Basically, it's at the intersection of Williams Field Rd. (Chandler Blvd.) and Loop 202.

I was hoping to attend the SanTan Village grand opening, but then I'd be arriving in L.A. around 1:00 am, and I'm not sure I'd be able to stay awake. So I'm going to drive out to L.A. early and visit one of their stores.

9. macrumors regular

Twilight Elk

Forget SanTan, it's too far away from Pinal County @_@

Ill try to make it at Chandler Fashion; I wonder how long a wait this will take (knowing most of the general public use Windows, probably not long)

10. macrumors newbie

San tan, here I come

Well, this is one Intel employee that cares more about a software release than a dumb billion dollar fab going up...I'm just glad I don't work the night shift <spine tingle>.

Anywho, the San tan store is closer to the house, so I'll be heading there instead of chandler...

11. macrumors newbie

San Tan

I'll be there Friday, though I'm pretty sure my company will be buying Leopard. Should be a nice new store -- I think the San Tan shopping complex is now the biggest in AZ.

12. macrumors member

Same here, I really want to get a leopard shirt. One of my family members gave me a tiger shirt and its still one of my favorites.
    I will also be buying from the university since its going to be cheaper.
    Will I still get a shirt if I show up to just watch some demos and try out the new 10.5 machines? (along with talking to other mac users :) )

13. macrumors 6502a

I will be there at the new santan apple store :):cool: what time is everyone going to be there :confused: :confused:

14. macrumors 65816

kugino

i'll probably be there, too...what time are people meeting up? i'll be wearing my panther dog tags :D

15. macrumors newbie

I'll probably be at San Tan I think ... what time are people showing up? I was thinking 4pm??

16. macrumors 6502a

Thats what I was thinking also around 4:00pm - 4:30pm some time around there is that when everyone else is coming :confused:

17. macrumors regular

Twilight Elk

18. macrumors member

What's this Intel thing?

19. macrumors newbie

Ill be stopping at the San Tan Village around 6ish quickly, hopefully theres not a big line.

20. macrumors newbie

Only 3 people in line.

I'm at the Chandler store and they have ropes setup just like they did for the iPhone. I am the 3rd of 3 people in line.

Should be a fun night.:)

[​IMG]

21. macrumors newbie

I was at there when Panther came out, and i was towards the front to and the line got pretty long, im sure i will be longer this time around.

22. macrumors 65816

kugino

i'm here at the SanTan Village apple store...there are about 35 people in line now. three things are going on: mall grand opening, apple store grand opening, and leopard debut. freebies, baby! :)

[​IMG]

23. macrumors newbie

Keep us posted how many people there is in line as 6 o'clock approaches!

24. macrumors newbie

Chandler Update

About 25 people now. The store is closed till 6.

25. macrumors 65816

kugino

there's a good 50-60 at santan now...

...or closer to a hundred now.

update: make that a FEW hundred!