Change 2nd "enter" key on PB to a control key?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by iWillard, Aug 26, 2005.

1. iWillard macrumors regular

iWillard

Anyway to change the functionality of the 2nd enter key on my PB (right next to the space bar) to being a control button? basically so I can control click with one hand (comfortably)... I searched the forums for it, couldn't find anything...

2. iWillard thread starter macrumors regular

iWillard

I'm guessing no? :p

3. abc123 macrumors 6502

4. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

I've used that tutorial on my 12" PB to change the Enter key to Option. Worked perfectly.

5. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

Sounds like something that uControl would be able to do. Great little utility, and free. Only problem is, it appears some people are having problems getting it to work with Tiger.

6. iWillard thread starter macrumors regular

iWillard

Alright... read through that tutorial... did a spotlight search for the file, doesn't show up... the kext file shows up, but i can't open it... if i put that fil epath in terminal, it says I don't have permission.... don't have much experience in terminal/hacking stuff... anyone who could lead me through it step by step? if not, no big whoop....

:)

7. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

Drag the file out of the Finder window and place it somewhere as a backup. Then, do the same thing again, only drag the file to your desktop. You now how two backups of the file, but you'll be changing one in a second. Okay, open the file on the desktop in TextEdit. Do the necessary changes and save. Now, drag this file back into the original Finder window with the original file. You'll be asked if you want to replace the existing file, say yes. You'll have to authenticate with your password. You're done.

8. iWillard thread starter macrumors regular

iWillard

alrighty, that makes sense to me, but Textedit will not open the AppleADBKeyboard.kext file.... do I have to change the extension?