Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
Southampton UK
this has to be a n00b question, but it's only just occurred to me.

If i have a really nice new .torrent icon, and i want to change all my .torrents to use this icon, how would i go about it? i can't see an option in pixadex or candybar :(

can anyone help?

thanks

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
You have a icns file (if not you need to make that)?

Find your default torrent application, right-click the application icon and choose "Show Package Contents", navigate to Contents -> Resources and replace the <Application name>.icns and/or documents.icns with your new icon.

Log out and back in and new (and old) torrent files should (associated with the default app) get the new icon.

TheAnswer

macrumors 68030
Jan 25, 2002
Orange County, CA
You'd want to use the App Extras section in Candybar, drag...your Torrent app to the little box and scroll down until you see the document icon and change it there.

amnesiak

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2006
what if the file type doesnt have any default program? for example .flv files? i use it with perian and quicktime but quicktime doesnt have flv icons.

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
yeh quicktime doesn't seem to know what a .flv file is and consequently doesn't have an icon for it, as perian encodes the video. you can always open the file in quicktime and save it as a .mov, then it will have a quicktime icon. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.