Change App Store country on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by icantbelieveit, Jul 12, 2008.

1. icantbelieveit
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors member

I'm sure this has been mentioned by after searching for 30mins I couldn't find it so I do apologize if this is a repeat thread.

Just got iphone 3G and the app store button takes me to the US store even after logging in with my UK username. How can I get it so the uk store comes up, or at least can transfer to the UK store from the US one?

Many thanks

2. April Dancer
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

April Dancer

you need to change it in iTunes. I assume you're trying to change it on the phone? :)

3. icantbelieveit
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors member

Ah ok that's the problem! Yeah was trying to change on iPhone, will have to wait until I'm home then. Thanks for the quick response!

4. iinlane
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

On ipod touch 3.x
    Settings -> Store -> Log Out -> Log In -> fill in the other account use name and password.
    I have both UK and EST accounts. Software update only updates apps bought by using one of them.

5. noall666
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

Ok, so you have 2 accounts, I have been trying to do this for ever. I have a bank account in both countrys, england and usa.

so were exactly do i set up the 2 accounts. do I need to use 2 different emails??? I would like to use just my .mc account email. (unsure if this will work.?
    and I did find the log in on the iphone for the app store, but yes, you must do it on itunes but were and exactly how???

6. Sarshley
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

How to change switch ipad app store to other country

Hi,may i ask how to change ipad US mode to others contry ? Please tell me step by step.:apple:

7. Melwyn
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

8. northernmunky
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

northernmunky

To answer the posters original question, I just found myself in the same situation, somehow stuck in the US store, when I should be in the UK store.

1. Make sure to close the App Store app first
    2. Go to Settings > iTunes & App Stores > Log out and log back in again.
    3. Reload App Store, everything should now be in £'s

9. jaysquaredcom
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

I needed to change the countries frequently to check my apps, so I put together a little Web App with 1-click region switching for myself. Maybe it's also helpful for you.

You can find it at http://appstoreswitch.com.

10. originalt
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

My App Store isn't allowing me to update or download things, it keeps saying it won't do it bcos it's not on the Australian Store, I need to set it from US to Australia can I get help please?? I'm useless with technology :-(

11. Kenthere
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

12. Ali1230
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie