Change App Store country on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by icantbelieveit, Jul 12, 2008.

1. macrumors member

Feb 21, 2008
    I'm sure this has been mentioned by after searching for 30mins I couldn't find it so I do apologize if this is a repeat thread.

Just got iphone 3G and the app store button takes me to the US store even after logging in with my UK username. How can I get it so the uk store comes up, or at least can transfer to the UK store from the US one?

Many thanks
  2. macrumors regular

April Dancer

Apr 11, 2006
    Surrey, UK
    you need to change it in iTunes. I assume you're trying to change it on the phone? :)
  3. thread starter macrumors member

Feb 21, 2008
    Ah ok that's the problem! Yeah was trying to change on iPhone, will have to wait until I'm home then. Thanks for the quick response!
  4. macrumors newbie

Nov 28, 2009
    On ipod touch 3.x
    Settings -> Store -> Log Out -> Log In -> fill in the other account use name and password.
    I have both UK and EST accounts. Software update only updates apps bought by using one of them.
  5. macrumors newbie

Jun 3, 2006
    Ok, so you have 2 accounts, I have been trying to do this for ever. I have a bank account in both countrys, england and usa.

so were exactly do i set up the 2 accounts. do I need to use 2 different emails??? I would like to use just my .mc account email. (unsure if this will work.?
    and I did find the log in on the iphone for the app store, but yes, you must do it on itunes but were and exactly how???
  6. macrumors newbie

Sep 29, 2012
    How to change switch ipad app store to other country

Hi,may i ask how to change ipad US mode to others contry ? Please tell me step by step.:apple:
  7. macrumors newbie

Oct 30, 2012
  8. macrumors 6502a

Jan 19, 2007
    London, Taipei
    To answer the posters original question, I just found myself in the same situation, somehow stuck in the US store, when I should be in the UK store.

1. Make sure to close the App Store app first
    2. Go to Settings > iTunes & App Stores > Log out and log back in again.
    3. Reload App Store, everything should now be in £'s
  9. macrumors newbie

Mar 4, 2013
    I needed to change the countries frequently to check my apps, so I put together a little Web App with 1-click region switching for myself. Maybe it's also helpful for you.

You can find it at
  10. macrumors newbie

Apr 12, 2013
    My App Store isn't allowing me to update or download things, it keeps saying it won't do it bcos it's not on the Australian Store, I need to set it from US to Australia can I get help please?? I'm useless with technology :-(
  11. macrumors newbie

Jul 7, 2013
  12. macrumors newbie

Aug 26, 2014