Change 'Appearance' from Blue/Graphite?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Kardashian, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Evenin Governors!

I've just got some new wallpapers, made my dock clear etc - and it feels like a new Mac.

Also set my 'highlight colour' to 'Orange' - mega cool.

Now I want to know if theres a way to change the Blue/Graphite options to Orange, also. (My favourite colour)

I don't want a 'skinner' or some system wide 'cloak' that changes everything, just something simple and non-confusing, if it can be done. :)

Lookin' forward to your answers...

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I think a theme changer is your only option because I don't think OSX is capable of doing this for itself. :(

I don't generally use theme changers because they can cause problems (although I find UNO's fine, and use that) so I can't recommend any but I'm sure someone else will be able to help. :)

3. matticus008 macrumors 68040

matticus008

I agree about UNO. I like it because it replaces all the graphical elements and doesn't take up any system resources. You could replace your interface elements manually (if you have dozens or hundreds of hours to dedicate to the task ;)), but other than that, a theming app is your only option. Theme changers run on top of OS X and I don't trust them, but other people use them without incident.

4. Kardashian thread starter macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Thanks Dudes.

I didn't really want a 'theme changer' as in the past, they have proven to cause problems and be difficult when you don't want them anymore.

I've now settled with Graphite, Orange as the highlight, and this awesome black backgroudn, with a diamond-encrusted Apple in the middle.

(Will post shortly) :)

5. Kardashian thread starter macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Its this in the center, with a plain even black background. Looks Pimpin'.. Bitches!

Attached Files:

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Nice one. It's a good compromise. :)

You're right about the theme changers, they can wreck a perfectly good system. :(