Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HugoBertrand

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2015
Hello,

I change my email ID yesterday on the web (https://appleid.apple.com/account/manage) I see it was successful nevertheless, when I'm on my mac, and i go go System Preferences, iCloud, well under my picture I still see my old email address and so when I click on manage account, it asks me to sign in. I put in my password but of course it says the apple id is incorrect. How do I change it on my mac?

Has this happened to anybody before? does anybody have a solution?

Thanks!

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
You need to sign out of iCloud, and then back in again with your new Apple ID. The sign out button is at the bottom left of the iCloud pane in System Preferences.

For future reference, if you set up two-factor authentication, you can change your Apple ID and password without having to sign out and back in again on all your devices and services - the new Apple ID and password will be updated on all your trusted devices automatically.

Reactions: M. Gustave

HugoBertrand

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2015
It worked. thanks! but whats weird now, is that on iCloud web version I have my new gmail adress under my profile picture as my apple IDwhich is good, on my iPhone also. but on my mac, in system preferences, I have my .me address and not my new gmail (It's still good because I was able to get rid of my old gmail but its not the same Apple ID on my mac than on my iPhone event though everything works and my notes and other iCloud stuff is synchronized)

It's weird no?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.