Change Computer Icon?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dsharits, Jun 15, 2005.

1. dsharits macrumors 68000

dsharits

Has anyone yet figured out how to change the little iMac G4 icon? It would be nice to be able to change it to whatever computer it is on. Apple should at least change it to a computer that they still make. :rolleyes:

2. Gordy macrumors 6502a

Right click on the computer icon press get info

Find a suitable icon copy the icon using command - C

Go back to the info window for computer highlight the icon at the very top then press command v to paste the new icon .

To go back simply highlight the icon and press delete :)

3. dsharits thread starter macrumors 68000

dsharits

Ahh, but see, that works for every icon EXCEPT for the computer icon. I don't understand why Apple would make it different from other icons, but they did.

4. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Do you mean the Computer icon in the toolbar? If so, it's a little more tricky than changing an icon on the desktop (as correctly described by Gordy). Probably the easiest way to do this is with CandyBar from The Iconfactory, which will let you do this and a whole bunch of other icons besides – it is shareware although there is a trial period during which you can change your icons to your hearts content. :)

5. dsharits thread starter macrumors 68000

dsharits

Perfect. That's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much!

6. gLOVES1000 macrumors newbie

i have the issue that my intel mac icon is showing up as the g5... i know its nerdy but its buggin me, and i tried candybar and accessing it through another computer and i still cant change it. is there something i have to do special in candybar or is it a lost cause