Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Noted

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2006
I can do it on my PowerMac G5 (Cinema Display) but I'm not sure how to adjust the contrast on my Powerbook display.. anyone know?

I know ctrl-option-command-, and . can bring up the contrast but I want to reduce it.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
There's a contrast setting the the Universal Access pane of System Preferences however you may be more interested in calibrating the display, which can be done through the Displays pane. :)

PowerBookLarry

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2009
I can do it on my PowerMac G5 (Cinema Display) but I'm not sure how to adjust the contrast on my Powerbook display.. anyone know?

I know ctrl-option-command-, and . can bring up the contrast but I want to reduce it.

It's more than 3 years since the question came up and I only discovered it today. Nevertheless, I have the answer and am leaving it here for the other visitors.

To reduce the contrast, it is ctrl-option-command-, (in other words, use the comma instead of the period to reduce the contrast).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.