"Change desktop every..." with iPhoto library?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by buckuxc, Dec 8, 2005.

1. buckuxc macrumors regular

hey all,

I want to set up my desktop background so that it cycles through photos in a specific album (not a smart album) in my iPhoto library. However, when I click on that folder in the Sys Pref pane, "change desktop every..." is greyed out. What gives? I really recall this being an option in the past. Have things changed or am is my memory incorrect?

2. buckuxc thread starter macrumors regular

sorry

Sorry about the first ****up. Honestly I thought my edit had gone through correctly.

3. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

copy the applicable files in iPhoto to the desktop, create a folder there and put those pics in it. tell prefs to cycle through that folder for your desktop. should work.

4. buckuxc thread starter macrumors regular

yeah

I figured I'd have to make a whole separate folder...just was hoping there was something I was missing. Am I wrong about the way things used to be?

5. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Apple removed the option for some weird reason... it was possible to use an iPhoto folder/book in Panther. :(

Write Apple and tell them to reincorporate it... http://www.apple.com/feedback

6. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

If you're in the album you want in iPhoto, with no specific photo selected, click the desktop button and the "Desktop & screensaver" sys preference opens.

There should be an "iPhoto Selection" option available on the left hand side and the "Change picture .." tick box is available.

It works for me.

7. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

I wish they had this in Tiger. Hopefully we'll see it in Leopard.

8. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

You don't need to copy any photos anywhere, just select all the photos in the album and click the "Desktop" button at the bottom of the iPhoto window. System Preferences will open and the selection you made will appear as a folder called "iPhoto Selection" in the left hand source window where a folder would normally appear. All the cycling settings will be available and you won't have to double up on the photos.

9. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

You don't even need to select the photos, just the album. Then press "desktop" etc etc.

10. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe