Change Office 2004 Registration

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by screensaver400, Sep 7, 2005.

1. screensaver400 macrumors 6502a

Jan 28, 2005
    I recently gave an old Mac of mine to my mother to use, along with all of the software. It annoys her to no end that when she launches Microsoft Word, it says my name. Short of reinstalling the software from the CD, is there a way to change this data? She has the toolbars and other settings just how she likes them and is scared to have me reinstall.
  2. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

Jun 29, 2004
    I swear I've seen a preference pane somewhere in MS Office to change this....
    I'll see if i can find it.
  3. screensaver400 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jan 28, 2005
    There is a User Information page in Word's settings. It doesnt affect the name displayed on the opening splash screen, though.
  4. clayj macrumors 604

Jan 14, 2005
    visiting from downstream
    If that didn't change it (and I confirm that it does not), the only real solution is going to be removing and reinstalling Office... in some versions of Office, the user info is written into the executables during installation and cannot be changed. In other versions, it's stored and can be changed using the dialog box you found. Since that didn't work, the info's in the executables.