Change Old Roll Names For iPhoto 6 Organization?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BurtonCCC, Feb 16, 2006.

1. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

So the old iPhoto was nice... the date folders made sense to me and my frequent OCD-like feelings never were compromised, but now? Apple changed the organization to by the original roll name. Problem is, in the old versions, I typed in the roll name and then never saw it again, even if I looked for it, so I stopped typing it in. So now in my iPhoto Library folder in the Finder, I have all the correctly named rolls and then a bunch of "Roll #" folders. This doesn't sit right with me (I'm a little obessive-compulsive about my computer). What would the best way for me to go back and assign roll names, either in iPhoto or in the Finder? I'd love to just start renaming folders, but I know better than that.

This is just another thing that makes me regret ever getting iLife '06.

Daniel.

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    As a roll-naming obsessive, I think it's much easier to see in iPhoto 6.

To change old roll names, make sure the info pane is showing (click the i in the bottom left corner). Click on the name of the roll (ie #234) in the big Library pane. It will appear in the info pane along with the date information etc.

Click on the Title in the info pane - and you'll get a cursor. Change the name to whatever you want.

3. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Make sure in iPhoto you have Film Roll Names showing (View > Film Rolls). Then click on the roll name in the main window and rename it using the "title" field in the Information panel.

4. BurtonCCC thread starter macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

And I was beginning to think Apple had a bit of their ease-of-use... thank you both. All fixed.

Daniel.