Change pitch in Itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SIMON DOLAN, Nov 14, 2005.

1. SIMON DOLAN macrumors newbie

Hi!
    Is it possible to tune song(change pitch) in Itunes? Maybe a third party plug-in can do it?
    SIMON

2. derekmcwilliams macrumors newbie

Hi Simon,

Theres no app that I know of that can do that, but do you need to use iTunes to do it?

I use a small bit of software called ASD - Amazing Slow Downer. Its a fantastic little tool that will change the pitch and tempo of a tune. It also allows you to loop sections of an MP3 and save the altered looped sections to mp3. AND it has a karaoke function which attempts to cut out certain instruments - which takes a little tweaking but it is very useful.

Its available here: www.ronimusic.com

I mainly use it for transcribing tunes, and where a solo is too quick, or out of tune, I can quickly manipulate it.

Oh, and also supports playlists.

I cannot recommend this little bit of software enough, and no, Im not on comission :p

3. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

Also, Quicktime can do this for live playback now. Cmd-K with Quicktime in front will bring up the floater.

Edit: I'm sorry, Quicktime can slow down or speed up the track *without* changing pitch. Since that's done essentially the same way that pitch is shifted without changing tempo, I got confused.

4. PietroD macrumors newbie

Vox 0.2.6, freeware

Hi all.

I suggest Vox, a freeware:
    "Includes numerous effects like Equalizer, Reverb, Time Stretch, Pitch Shift, Echo. Moreover, all supported files can be exported to MP3, AAC, WAV and other formats with enabled effects."
    I used with success to shift the pitch (and save the result) of song registered on magnetic tape at the wrong rate.

It's available here: http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/audio/vox.html :apple:

Bye bye