Change shortcut keys to mimic a PC/Windows?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by kavika411, Jun 26, 2006.

1. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

Thank you for reading this. I am a recent Apple convert, and there is very little I miss about PC's and Windows. That being said, because I use a PC at work, it is tedious to bounce back and forth between shortcut keys, such as the swapping of the PC control key with the Apple control key. Is there any way to - in one swift move - make all the shortcuts resemble PCs/Windows?

Thank you.

2. 21stcenturykid macrumors 6502

Hi i think what you mean is you want to change the apple key to alt like it would be on windows? and control to what the apple button does at the moment? to do this you need to go ino system preferences>keyboard and mouse> then the keyboard tab and there is a button to press that says "modifier keys" there is gives you the option to change the ctrl and apple keys round how ever you like!! hope ive helped!:D

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Short of running Windows on your Mac, No. :(

As 21stcenturykid implies, you can remap the Control and Apple keys, but you can't get all the shortcuts to be the same, e.g Alt-F4 on Windows is one I use a lot, but it doesn't map easily to Commad W or Command Q just by changing the modifier keys.

B

4. kavika411 thread starter macrumors 6502a

kavika411

Thanks for your thoughts, guys. I'll give it a go.