changes at the refurb store

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Foxer, Jan 12, 2004.

1. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

I checked the Apple.com refurb store today and there have been a couple changes. I was checking it religiously until last week when I gave up and bought a new PB17, so maybe these took place a couple days ago. That said, the selection of iMacs listed (not available, only listed) has been reduced to the 15-inchers. Blank DVD's are listed. The 23-inch CD is no longer listed. G4 Powermacs, as a ctegory, are gone. Not surprisingly, Xserves have been added.

Are there any professional "refurb watchers" with ideas what this could mean? Tomorrow is my lat day of "buyer's remorse" with my PB, and if something good is coming down the pike...

2. vniow macrumors G4

Reburbs in general are dependent on which models are returned, have not sold well, overstocked, etc. so any changes would reflect any one of those characteristics. If there are no Model X returned to the Apple store for whatever reason, how can it be in the refurbished section?

It doesn't necessarily mean that new models are coming, just more used ones are in stock.

Cheers,

-V (professional refurb watcher, yes I'm cheap)

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

very odd - how do you have refurbished DVDs? :p

D

4. dschwab macrumors newbie

I've been keeping an eye on the refurb store for the past few months. Until about a month ago, Apple only listed items in the refurb area that they had in stock. For example, when they had no refurb PowerMac G4's in stock, there was not a PowerMac G4 section listed.

About a month ago, this changed for whatever reason, and Apple began listing all kinds of models and sections regardless of whether or not they were in stock. Items that were not in stock did not have a checkbox beside the price, meaning they couldn't be added to the Cart. Perhaps Apple has reverted back to the previous method of only listing items that are in stock as they typically do continue to sell discontinued items through this area (see iBook G3).

Regarding the DVD's, they aren't actually refurbished :) This area of the store is technically the Special Deals section, although most of the items sold here are refurbs and discontinued items. It looks like they added the DVD's when they cut the prices on them, technically a special deal.

5. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

Damn. Just bought some for more than that. Good price.

As for "previous generation"--why is the current G4 1ghz imac listed there for the same price as the regular deals?

6. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

I regualarly check the reurb section too (just recently got a 700mhz iBook from there) I don't think the means anything realy. They probably just ran out of a certain product and adding new ones. I notice they update the secton reguraly.

7. maclover666 macrumors newbie

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\
    | | | | | |
    ----------------------
    | Bull Sh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! |
    ----------------------

8. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

Why is this Bull****? It won't be long before you get banned.:rolleyes: