Changing Appearence

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Brother Michael, Oct 3, 2004.

1. Brother Michael macrumors 6502a

Brother Michael

In the system preferences there is a category for changing the theme of OS X. Cool.

Unfortunatly it gives you a whooping 2 options...Blue or Graphite. Is there a way to change the colors at all? Right now I am going for a green/matrix theme (I have this nifty background of the Matrix code and it forms the Apple logo in the background*) and I think it would be cool to have my buttons green, and my Apple in the left hand corner green etc etc.

Thanks
    Mike

*seems to me it should have the Microsoft logo but eh I guess even the machines know which OS to use!

2. dotnina macrumors 6502a

Not that I've used it, not that I know much about it, not that I recommend it ...

... but Shapeshifter is an option, and probably the most popular at that.

:D

3. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Note to the original poster about this app. It should be noted that since it is dinking with the OS at such a low level that it may cause some stability issues. I've read more then a few reviews of such apps on the Mac having a detrimental effect on system stability.

4. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

will this app mess up os x. I know when i was a windoze user i modded my cpu back to front with apps and things started acting weird. Will he run into same problem here?

5. Brother Michael thread starter macrumors 6502a

Brother Michael

...hmm...I am not hurting Shrike over a small appearence issue (I wouldn't even hurt my PC over something like this).

Thanks for trying anyways guys.

Mike