Changing Apple Menu Logo Colour?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mattthemutt, Jul 19, 2006.

1. mattthemutt macrumors regular

mattthemutt

I was wondering if there was a way to locate the file for the Apple logo in the Apple menu, and modify the colour?

I've found countless other .icns (icon) files in the Core Services packages, but I have not yet found the one for the Apple logo, if there is one.

(I want to make the Apple logo red...)

2. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

That'd be sweet. Hope you find out so I myself can also.

3. mattthemutt thread starter macrumors regular

mattthemutt

It seems that every icon in Mac OS X is found somewhere in the System folder, so I'm thinking, why not the Apple logo?

4. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

It definitely can be changed, because there are skins that change it, but don't ask me how to do it.

5. mattthemutt thread starter macrumors regular

mattthemutt

Do you know what software to use to create skins?

6. Lixivial macrumors 6502a

Lixivial

Aside from using ShapeShifter, you need ThemePark and have it open Extras.rsrc in the following location

/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Resources

In ThemePark select pxm# -> 2030, 10001 and 10142 are the values for the various themes. This is all assuming you're using Tiger 10.4.7 (that's the current location -- it's changed from time to time.)

EDIT: I take no responsibility for what this does to your system, and I do not guarantee these settings to carry over update-to-update. Conversely, you can also use GUIkitty to decompile ShapeShifter themes, and then modify them with ThemePark and regenerate a guiKit file.

EDIT2: BACKUP your Extras.rsrc file (or any file you modify for that matter) in case you have a mishap.

Attached Files:

7. mattthemutt thread starter macrumors regular

mattthemutt

Ahhh. Thanks very much. This will be interesting to fiddle with.