Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pincho

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
Sydney, Australia
hey all, i want to change the bootloader icons when selecting between OS X and Win XP.

Changing the "Macintosh HD" icon in os x changes the osx partition icon in the boatloader, but the xp stays the same. It is formatted in FAT32 so the NTFS solution provided here does not work

any ideas?

thanks!

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
For FAT32 you shouldn't have to resort to the NTFS instructions. Did you try the Get Info method described there for the HFS+ and FAT USB stick, it should just work.

However, when trying this manually on my FAT USB stick, I had to use Terminal to enable the .icns file on the volume. I'll try to find the command I used.

EDIT: /Developer/Tools/SetFile -a C /Volumes/CRUZER\ 512/
was the command I had to use to see the .icns file I manually placed on the FAT USB stick.

B

pincho

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
Sydney, Australia
im sorry but i dont quite follow you. I tried the 'Replacing the Mac Partitions Icon' but for the Windows Partition, didnt work. I also tried the NTFS one didnt work. Why do i need to use the get info method for the USB stick and Terminal after that? thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.