Changing Colors in Excel

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Michael7k, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Michael7k macrumors member

Sep 9, 2005
    It doesn't comfort me to know that 7 to 12 percent of men are color blind as I am. Among women it's .4 or one half of 1% percent depending on the survey. For me my greens and blues are off. Yellow and reds to a lesser extent.

I realize I can change the grid lines to a different color in Excel as I have tried different colors. Is it possible to change only the cell selector color (cursor color) in Excel for Mac? The light blue blends in too well with the gray grid lines. Does anyone else battle the same issue?

Thank you for any help or assistance.
  2. Gerg macrumors regular

Feb 3, 2003
    I can't answer your question about Excel, but I had a similar problem with other programs, and fixed it by changing the monitor's settings (contrast, brightness and the color settings). That made it much easier to see the smaller details like that.
  3. emw macrumors G4

Aug 2, 2004
    Missed this earlier. Isn't your highlight color in Excel the same as your highlight color in Appearance preferences? It is for me. Try changing the Appearance prefs and seeing if that helps. Note that you need to quit and relaunch Excel for the change to take effect.
  4. Michael7k thread starter macrumors member

Sep 9, 2005
    Thank you for your assistance with the question. I will play with the colors in preferences a little more.
    Thanks Again