Changing default PDF viewer

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MattG, Mar 29, 2004.

1. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

Hey guys--

I just recently installed Adobe Acrobat 6.0 on my G5. In doing so, Acrobat made itself the default viewer for PDFs instead of Preview. I'd like to set it back the other way so Preview opens them (MUCH faster). How do I change this setting?

2. blue&whiteman macrumors 65816

blue&whiteman

there is no option in preview to set it as the default but i'm sure acrobat would and you could un-select it.

3. MattG thread starter macrumors 68040

MattG

I can't find anywhere in Acrobat where I could choose that.

4. MattG thread starter macrumors 68040

MattG

5. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

The option's not located in Preview or Acrobat - it can be found in the Get Info window for a PDF document. Change the application to 'Preview', then click 'Change All' and confirm that you really want to do this. Afterward, all PDFs, including new ones downloaded, will open in Preview by default.

6. MeanD3feat macrumors member

I would like to do the opposite and have my PDFs open in Acrobat but I don't understand the instructions you have posted-when I click get info, it does just that. There are no options that I can change!
    :confused:

7. MeanD3feat macrumors member

Okay, scratch that, I was clicking the get info tab after opening the PDF! :eek:

8. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Blackheart

In the Get Info window, click the "Open with:" exposure arrow, then select the app you want to use (Acrobat in your case) then click the "change all..." button.