Changing Desktop Background?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jason2811, Jul 15, 2006.

1. jason2811 macrumors 6502a

I downloaed a bunch of (maybe 35) different wallpapers and I set my MacBook to change between these wallpapers everyday in a random order. However, the wallpaper doesn't change eveyrday instead I notice it only chnages when I restart my computer. Why is this? Thanks.

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Jason, you have a lot of questions don't you?

Anyway, the one day change of your desktop background should behave as it says. Why it doesn't is one of those mysteries like Does the light in your fridge stay on when the door is closed. And which came first the chicken or the egg?

Modern science just doesn't know man.

3. sarahxx macrumors newbie

hi. i have a question.

whenever i go to change my desktop background on my mac, it doesn't work. it just freezes... how can i fix this? is there any other way i can change my desktop background? gaaah. this is driving me insane.

any help would be appreciated. thanks. :)

4. Satori macrumors 6502a

Satori

Hmmm... tricky one this! I'm pretty sure that this feature will rely on your clock... are you sure that this is correctly set?

Have you tried any of the other periodic change settings (e.g. change every 30 mins) to see if they work?

5. Avenger23 macrumors regular

Avenger23

Do you have your date and time set correctly on your computer? This may affect the change time on the wallpaper. If you switch between Mac OS X and Windows if you have it on your Mac it can change the time between the two and you'll have to go in and reset it.

I would also suggest trying a different change time as it has been mentioned to see if it will change at the proper time.

6. Avenger23 macrumors regular

Avenger23

Try going into your Preferences folder in the Library folder for your account and throwing the com.apple.desktop.plist preference file away. The preference file may be corrupt causing the computer to crash when you try to change the desktop.

7. qwerty94 macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thank you you are a life saver:)

8. sarahxx macrumors newbie

there is no 'com.apple.desktop.plist' =S

9. ImperialX macrumors 65816

ImperialX

Fantastic! You saved my life. Thank you! :D

10. iRoc macrumors newbie

Hep Mae¡¡

Did you ever get a working response for this? I am having the same problem after I downloaded a corrupt copy of "CleanMyMac" it dumped a bunch of files. However, most were recovered on the next startup, but not that one.