Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

legwind

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2005
Yes, I know how to change the desktop. What I was wondering was if I pointed to an iPhoto folder, is there some way I could get the titles of each photo also displayed on the desktop? I have all my iPhotos titled, and it would be cool for people to see the title with the photo when it's on the desktop.
An obvious extension to this question would be the same for the screen saver. It would be nice to see the title of the photo in the screen saver as well.

Laplace

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2005
Huntsville, AL
is there an easy way to set a photo from your iPhoto library as your desktop BG? When I go through system preferences, I have to go to "choose folder" which makes me navigate through the horrid system of iPhoto chronologizing your photo library, and I have no clue what day I took the picture I want.

Seems very un-intuitive unless there is another way that I'm just missing.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Laplace said:
is there an easy way to set a photo from your iPhoto library as your desktop BG? When I go through system preferences, I have to go to "choose folder" which makes me navigate through the horrid system of iPhoto chronologizing your photo library, and I have no clue what day I took the picture I want.

System preferences -> desktop / screen saver -> desktop pane.

On the left hand side is a listbox, which says Apple Images, Nature, etc... Lower down this list is a dividing rule, and then below that should be an entry Library (all of your iPhoto pictures), as well as entries for any albums you have created in iPhoto appear in the lefthand listbox in the system preferences for background, below the library. So the easiest way is to use those.

If you don't have your photos in albums, then put them in albums, or use the Library which shows all of them. But using albums is better -- iPhoto, typical of Apple products, is intuitive if you buy into its basic schema first, but not if you try to impress a schema from other software onto it. ;)

P.S. about the OP's question, no ideas... sorry. :(

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
Laplace said:

open iphoto, choose the picture, and click the desktop choice on the bottom

Laplace

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2005
Huntsville, AL
As I assumed, I was doing it the complete wrong way. Thank you for enlightening me. I still have the windows mentality, and it's throwing me off :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.