Changing email Address for ITMS

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Phatpat, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

I purchased all my songs from ITMS using my .mac email, which I plan to let expire at the end of this month. What do I need to do about this? I changed my email at myinfo.apple.com, but all receipts for purchases still go to my .mac email.

2. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

I just noticed this myself. I can't remember if I entered a backup e-mail address when I signed up, or what that address was. I guess we just change the info at apple.com and hope this works.

UPDATE: I clicked on the .mac link from the apple.com page, and it still allows you to go into your .mac account and change your backup e-mail address. I guess once your e-mail expires with .mac, they'll start sending statements to this backup address.

3. Logik macrumors 6502a

goto the itms or apple support page and change your email address within that. i did this when i changed schools and used my college's email address. my only beef is that it doesn't update my "email" address in my previously purchased itms files, they still say the old name but it all plays fine regardless.