Changing FIREFOX Window Position/Location

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jason2811, Jul 11, 2006.

1. jason2811 macrumors 6502a

May 8, 2006
    I know that Firefox is configured by default to automatically open up towards the left side of the screen and show part of the right side of the desktop. What I want to do is configure Firefox to open in the middle of screen with space on the right and left (lets me see my buddylist and my desktop). I would like this position to become the default rather than the left-aligning one. Is there anyway to do this? It would be great, thanks!

P.S. I know someone is just going to tell me to use the green button but I don't like doing it this way since I have two window set preferences (the one I'm trying to do and fullscreen)
  2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    It should remember the window size and location from when you last closed the application...unless you had the window partly off the screen, in which case it will bring the window completely onto the screen as close as possible to the previous position.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure where that info is stored. Possibly in a .plist file somewhere? I did a quick search on my computer and didn't come up with anything, so maybe someone else can help out with this.

Often times, these issues are just the result of a corrupted preference or cache file and can be fixed by just deleting the affected file. The tricky part sometimes is figuring which file is causing the problem... :(