Changing from MS Access to Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jennconducts@ho, Jul 24, 2004.

1. jennconducts@ho macrumors newbie

Hi everyone; new member here, glad to have found you!

I just switched from Windows to Mac (Powerbook G4). All of my important files from Windows are transfering fine, except one: I have my CD collection database in MS Access. It's a simple file; four fields. I want to move it over to Appleworks database, or at least to the AW word processing module, or some other usable form. In Access, I have options of exporting the file (which is pretty large) as an Excel (3-7) file, an HTML doc, a text file, rich text format, MS Word Merge, XML document, or ODBC database. In export as text file, for example, I have an option of exporting as Delimited or Fixed width. All that I've tried so far turn out unusable files in AW. The closest to workable, I opened with the word processor, but the collumns were not alligned, etc.

Any advice on how to import a usable file into AW database, wp, or spreadsheet would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks, Jenn

2. Gee macrumors 65816

I've never used AW, but pretty much any database should be able to import a tab-delimited text file. Give it a go. You might need to set up your AW database first with the same four fields, so the data has somewhere to go.