Changing from PC to Mac

Discussion in 'iPod' started by gadgetgirl85, Jul 30, 2006.

1. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

Mar 24, 2006
    I've had my itunes and ipod video 30g hooked up to a PC however I will have a mac mini by the end of the day. Are there any particular measures that need to be done?
  2. Hytower77 macrumors regular

Nov 9, 2005
    Some random place outside of Fort Worth, TX
    Best option is to move everything to the mini using an external hard drive. Copy all the contents of the itunes music folder over to that, then nwards to the mini.

Also, you might could use iPodDisk. It will let you pull all the stuff off you iPod if you don't have, or don't want to get an external. (I'm not sure how well that will work with your iPod currently being formatted for PC, I don't seeing it being a prob, but you never know.) I just used iPodDisk myself, works great.

Congrats on the'll love a mac if you haven't used one.
  3. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

Mar 24, 2006
    No I havent used a mac yet :D Im just worried about the authorization etc since its been hooked up to a PC?...I have used ipodisk before to move mp3s suppose ill do that again to pull em off the ipod.
  4. d wade macrumors 65816

d wade

Jun 27, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    you can create a network and send files wirelessly as well. everything will be fine and compatibile on your new mac. you have just to reauthorize it on your new computer :D
  5. Nermal Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 7, 2002
    New Zealand
    You can authorise up to 5 computers. If you won't be using your old computer anymore, then you can deauthorise it from the Advanced menu in iTunes.
  6. funkychunkz macrumors 6502a

Jun 1, 2005
    Ottawa, Canada
    I've read that Tiger (what will come on the mac if it's new) supports alc. I remember now that it was on wikipedia: HFS+.

7. Frisco macrumors 68020

Sep 24, 2002
    See this

It has instructions as well as a Quicktime movie to show you how to do it.
  8. CuteGothTech macrumors member

Jul 30, 2006
    none of that... :p

I get many PC iPods in. When we fix them, sometimes they are picky and want to be plugged into a computer to turn on. Since iPod is an Apple product, even when made for a PC, you can still plug it into an Apple computer without a problem. We all run Tiger though, but it doesn't matter if you plug it into 10.2.8 either.
    That should answer your question specifically enough.