Changing HD Icon

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by wrxguy, Aug 7, 2005.

1. wrxguy macrumors 6502a

wrxguy

can someone please help me change my HD icon??!?!?! I can't seem to find anyway to do it! Im using OS X Tiger...ANYONE?!?!

2. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

OK, this is not hard to do.

1. Find the file/icon that contains the icon you want to use. Select it, and then click File > Get Info.
    2. Click the small icon in the upper-left corner of the info window... it will appear to have a small colored halo (probably blue, but it could vary depending on your appearance settings) around it. Click Edit > Copy. Close the info window.
    3. Click the icon for your hard drive, and then click File > Get Info.
    4. Click the small icon in the upper-left corner of the info window, and then click Edit > Paste.

That's all you have to do!

3. wrxguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

wrxguy

oh man thanks...god i feel so dumb...lol...but got it!!! all the posts i was loooking at failed to mention it was the upper icon you click lol...wow...i feel real dumb now ahah well thanks!!

4. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

You're welcome, and don't feel bad... I made the same mistake the first time I tried to change an icon. :)

5. prostuff1 macrumors 65816

prostuff1

6. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

If you're just looking at changing the odd one or two icons then CandyBar is probably a bit overkill – if on the other hand you change a lot of your icons a lot then it becomes worth it.

7. Eniregnat macrumors 68000

Eniregnat

I thought this was a silly little program, but it has been worth it. It makes the changes quickly and easly. For thoes bezels that requrie going into terminal to change, it makes it a whole lot easyer (and safer). It isn't needed for the odd icon change from time to time, but if you like to customize your icons from time to time in groops, then it is worth it.

I suppose that somebody has created an Action for changeing icon sets, and if somebody hasn't perhaps this is your chance.