Changing ID3 tags so they are the same in finder&itunes

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Starshade, Sep 7, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Sep 7, 2013

I've been having some very frustrating issues with ID3 tags as well as double copies of songs in my finder. I just couldn't fit the issue with doubles in to the title!

Anyway, I spent a bunch of time manually changing the song information on songs in iTunes by clicking Command+I and typing in the required info...I thought this would change the name of the file itself since iTunes is a mac program....but no, when I go in to finder all of the songs are still not labelled correctly, and if I click on it to play it imports a new version of the same track into iTunes, once again polluting it with a poorly labelled song..SO FRUSTRATING!!!!

How can I permanently change the ID3 tag so it is the same no matter what application or program I play the song in?

Also, for some reason I have doubles of EVERY song....why is this happening? It
    happens when I download stuff for some reason. I'll end up with a double copy. This is draining my memory and causing me a lot of frustration.
    Definitely regretting buying a mac....every freaking application has some maddening quirk that makes everything a major pain in my A.

Please help!!!