changing ipods

Discussion in 'Daily Tunes Site Discussion and Feedback' started by kindofblue, Sep 16, 2004.

1. macrumors newbie

i have an ipod mini and it got damaged. So we sent it back for repairs and they sent us a brand new one. Now I can't update the songs into my new ipod, because i can't get my computer to accept my new iPod. How can i get the computer to recognize the new ipod without losing my songs? :confused: :confused: Thank you allllll

2. EGT
    macrumors 68000

EGT

Make sure you have the latest iPod Software installed and have Itunes up to date. (4.7)

When you connect the iPod with Itunes a window should come up saying new iPod recognised or something, and you give it a name. You also select if you want to automatically arrange songs or do it manually.
    After this your music library is transferred to the iPod (if you selected automatic sync)

Have a quick search through these forums and also try the iPodlounge forums before doing anything.

I wouldn't want you to loose your whole library because of me :(

3. hob
    macrumors 68020

hob

You wouldn't lose all your songs when changing to a new iPod - just the other way round, if you were changing computers. And there are ways around that anyway...!

Hob