Changing itunes account

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Versello, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Versello macrumors regular

Nov 13, 2003
    I eventually plan on phasing out my (.Mac) account in favor for a new imap email provider (more reliable, faster, useful features and CHEAPER), but my iTunes is linked to my .Mac account. How does one go about with linking it to another? I hear about this deauthorizing business...
  2. yoda13 macrumors 65816

Sep 26, 2003
    You don't have to deauthorize the account, just go into account settings and change the email address, but there is no need to deauthorize. I had to do this myself once.
  3. wPod macrumors 68000

Aug 19, 2003
    Denver, CO
    you do not have to deauthorize a computer to change your e-mail address.
    i recently changed my account when i transfered schools and got a new e-mail.

1. while in the iTunes music store click on your account name on the right hand corner of iTunes. You will be prompted to enter your password.

2. enter your password and click on 'view account' this will bring up a new window in your iTunes browser.

3. by your 'apple ID' (which is your .Mac address) click the button 'edit account info' this will open a new window in your iTunes browser

4. you will be able to change your e-mail address here and all your account info will remain with it (such as the songs you have purchased and any gift certificates you have)

i hope this helps!
  4. Versello thread starter macrumors regular

Nov 13, 2003