Changing iTunes Skins

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by joey4127, Apr 6, 2005.

1. joey4127 macrumors 6502

joey4127

I downloaded the new skin. It says to
    1. Control-Click on iTunes
    2. Select 'Show Package Contents'
    3. Open Contents folder, then Resource folder
    4. Make a copy of the iTunes.rsrc
    5. Install new skin and have fun!

When I get to "Make a copy of the iTunes.rsrc" I'm stuck. I don't get how and y I make a copy of it and how do I install the new skin? I did it somehow before but i don't remember how...Please help

2. andrewfee macrumors 6502

Not on a mac right now, but I think you just drag the file to another location and hold down the option key before you let go. (it could be command, not 100% sure)

You'll know it's the right one when you get a + underneath your cursor as you're dragging it.

3. joey4127 thread starter macrumors 6502

joey4127

iTunes.rsrc? Then I replace that with the file I downloaded?

4. Freddy J macrumors newbie

I went to load in a skin and followed those directions, now I go to open Itunes and it says there isnt enough memory available. so now im ****ed, my itunes wont open cause of this. How do i fix this?

5. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Try downloading iTunes and reinstalling. Also back up files before you mess around with them... ;)

6. DeLyriusylum macrumors newbie

#1 through #4 are clear but..

What specifically do I do to install the skin? I can copy the rsrc no prob, I can get whichever version of iTunes I need, I just need to know how to apply the skin. A step-by-step for #5, plz. For example, here's what's in the Black_Glacier_v31 folder I got.

Either:
    a) This is the Windows download.
    or
    b) What do I put in where?

I can get to the Package Contents folders just fine. I just need to know what items I put where.