Changing key in Garageband

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by musiclover137, Sep 13, 2005.

1. musiclover137 macrumors regular

How do you change the key of a song after you have started it? I thought maybe if you save as, but that didn't work. Any ideas??

EDIT:
    Nevermind

2. margotspop macrumors regular

What exactly is it you want to do, and why? Remember, the 'key' that you choose for a song in GB, is only nominal - it doesn't really mean anything, other than help to filter the loops available. If I set the key of a song to C but actually play my song in F, GB doesn't care. It will just record whatever audio and midi input I give it.

If you are using loops and you want to change their key, then simply select them and transpose them to whatever key you want.

Hope this helps.

--P

3. jaminaway macrumors newbie

same problem... NEED HELP!

So when using the pitch correction on vocals... it DOES matter what key you choose before you start the project.

I chose the wrong key when I began my project.. I'm hours of work into it, and now that I'm recording vocals, the pitch correction makes them sound weird because it's the wrong key! when I change the key at the bottom window, it completely transposes the instrumentation which I don't want.

is there any way just to alter the key of the vocals? please help. :confused:

EDIT!!! NEVERMIND: it appears the vocal pitch correction only matches the instruments you are using. some bad recordings were throwing it off! bye.

4. mike275 macrumors newbie

I have this probelm^ It would be nice if i didn't have to re record everything... Does anyone have a solution?