Changing my IP adress

Discussion in 'Games' started by DonkeyTron, Feb 6, 2006.

1. DonkeyTron macrumors member

Recently halo has been acting up on me with all of it's "Invalid CD-Key" nonsense and i came to a conclusion, my IP has gotten band from halo internet. Some how i was able to do something with my IP that now allows me to join other people games on halo internet. I am still unable to create my own server. Is there i way i can change my IP "successfully" that will allow me to create my own server or in other words "trick halo into thinking that my computer is not "my computer" but somebody elses who is brand new to halo." If somebody could give me a tutorial on how to do this with ease, i would be much obliged.

~thanks

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I'm not really, erm, sure I want to help you. :rolleyes: Why were you banned?

For what it's worth, though, depending on how you get online, you can probably do this easily. If you are using a cable modem or a DSL modem, unplug it (the modem) from the wall power, and wait several minutes, and then plug it back in. You should get a new IP address when it re-initializes.

3. bbarnhart macrumors 6502a

bbarnhart

If that does not work, browse over to your broadband router (192.168.1.1 or something like that. Check your LAN to see what you router might be. It is probably the same thing as your LAN IP except the last digit is a one) and check the renew DHCP button. Assuming of course, this is supported. You may also end up with the same IP.