Changing my macbook color

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by shankis, Jul 30, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

I want to change the color(or case) of my macbook I currently have a 13" white macbook. I wanted to either change it to black or aluminum. does anyone have instructions on how to disassemble the macbook. Also anyone know where i can get a new case?

Thanks

2. macrumors Core

miles01110

You won't be able to change it to Aluminum, because the unibodies have different internals than the whitebooks. Check iFixit for a black macbook outer case and instructions on how to do it.

3. macrumors regular

4. celticpride678

Exactly. That is what I did. It protects and looks amazing at the same time. Not only Speck, though. Google some other companies for cases and check out some YouTube videos for reviews.

5. macrumors regular

I love my speck SeeThru. I don't see what the problem is with them. It looks great and hasn't had a single problem. I love how on the Aluminum Macbooks you get the glitter from the Aluminum through the color. It almost looks like a car's finish. :D

6. celticpride678

I love mine too. Oh, but I have the SeeThru Satin Black. No shine, only a purple Apple logo. Which,might I add, looks sick!:D

7. macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

8. celticpride678

You can go that way too (if you want). Just be careful...:)

9. macrumors 6502

10. macrumors 6502

BlackiBook

I changed the color of my iBook G4 to black... I took it apart and dyed the plastic pieces in boiling water with fabric dye and it turned out a really deep and rich black color with all the shine of the original white... now the problem is I am not sure if that would work with the white macbooks (never got around to trying it with mine before it clunked out) I think they have a completely different plastic make-up... Anyone know if this would work?