Changing my username

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by someguy, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

I've been thinking of changing my username. Is it possible to maintain my current registered account at this point (i.e. post count, avatar, etc)?

If so, I was wondering if I could have orange? It was taken back in '02 and the user never submitted a single post.

Mods? Gods?

PS. Sorry if this is covered elsewhere. I am no good at searching for things. I once put a buddy of mine on hold because I'd misplaced my cell phone - the one I was talking to him on. He won't let me forget that to this day...

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

PM a god, or maybe a mod. But you do need a very good reason to make the change, as it's not a tidy process. (Among other things, posts of yours quoted by others will continue to have your old name associated with them.)

And they almost certainly won't give you a username that's already taken by someone else, even if all they did was register it.

3. someguy thread starter macrumors 68020

someguy

Hm. Yes, I had a PM all ready for arn and Doctor Q, but figured rather than bother them, I would post here first.

Is an identity crisis a good enough reason to ask for a change? :p ;)

EDIT: PM'ed arn :)

4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

We handle issues about account settings by Private Message. I'll watch for your message.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.