Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Manj27

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
London
Hi,

Wonder if someone can help. I recenetly restored my iPhone. Syncing with iTunes afterwords restored all my contacts, wall papers, texts etc but one thing I noted - the iPhone no longer shows up in iTunes with my original iphone name - but now rather as just "iPhone". Is there anyway i can change the phone name?

Thanks

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
You should be able to just click on the name in iTunes' sidebar a couple of times (slowly) to bring up the editable box just like you can with any other iPod, or file in Finder. Is that not working?

disfordog

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2008
You should be able to just click on the name in iTunes' sidebar a couple of times (slowly) to bring up the editable box just like you can with any other iPod, or file in Finder. Is that not working?

tobefirst you legend! too easy...

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
4.0 is up.. downloading it now (itunes doesn't say 4.0 is out though, used the Lite link.)

What do i do with the IPSW when its done downloading?

This has nothing to do with the thread title. Ask a mod to move it.

All you need to do is click option restore to bring up a finder window (or shift restore on Windows) after entering DFU mode.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.